Data protection notice
Who is responsible for data processing in connection with this website and whom can I contact?
Name:rospatt osten pross
Legal form:Partnership with limited professional liability
Telephone +49 211 5772450
Fax +49 211 57724555
The data protection officer of rospatt osten pross can be contacted at email@example.com, attn. Dr. Simon Klopschinski, Attorney at Law.
What data do we collect and for what purpose?
When you visit our website www.rospatt.de, the browser used on your terminal automatically sends information to our website’s server. That information is temporarily stored in a logfile. The following information is collected in the process, without any action on your part, and is stored until automatically deleted:
- IP address of the accessing computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the file retrieved,
- website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- browser used and, where applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
The above-mentioned data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring the smooth establishment of a connection to the website,
- ensuring convenient use of our website,
- evaluating system security and stability and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 point (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest is apparent from the purposes of data collection listed above. In no case do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person (profiling).
In addition, we process personal data which we receive from you in your capacity as a client or as a representative/authorised representative of a client. In addition, we process personal data which we have lawfully obtained from publicly available sources (e.g. Commercial Registers, the Register of the German Patent and Trade Mark Office, press, media, internet) and are permitted to process. Relevant personal data of the client and/or his representative/ authorised representative may be:
- salutation, first name, surname, title, profession, position,
- a valid e-mail address,
- telephone number (landline and/or mobile)
These data are processed in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 points (f) and (b) GDPR in order to safeguard the legitimate interests of rospatt osten pross and/or of the client, especially
- in order to execute the instruction agreement between rospatt osten pross and the client, and to take steps prior to entering into the contract which are performed at the request of the client, e.g. provision of legal advice and representation,
- in order to communicate contact data for press and market research, wherever it is a question of verifying PR measures by rospatt osten pross.
Furthermore, the personal data of the client and/or his representative/authorised representative may be processed for specific purposes on the basis of consent given in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 point (a) GDPR. Consent once granted can be withdrawn at any time. This also applies to the revocation of declarations of consent granted to us before the GDPR came into force, i.e. before 25.05.2018. Please note that the revocation only takes effect for the future and that it does not affect any processing carried out before then.
How long are my data stored?
The personal data collected by us for the instruction are stored until the expiry of the statutory period of the storage obligation incumbent on attorneys (6 years after the end of the calendar year in which the instruction was terminated) and then deleted, unless we are obliged under Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 point (c) GDPR to store them for a longer period because of storage and documentation obligations pursuant to fiscal and commercial law (e.g. according to the German Commercial Code, Fiscal Code or Taxation Regulations) or you have given your consent to longer storage according to Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 point (a) GDPR.
Will my data be passed to third parties?
Your personal data will not be passed to third parties for any purposes other than those listed below. We shall only pass personal data to third parties if:
- it is legally permissible to do so and is necessary under Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 point (b) GDPR for the performance of a contractual relationship to which the person concerned is party, or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass them on under Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 point (c) GDPR,
- passing them on is necessary under Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 point (f) GDPR in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest, which requires protection, in not having your data passed on and
- specific consent thereto has been given under Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 point (a) GDPR.
The data passed on may only be used by the third parties for the exclusive purposes mentioned. This shall not prejudice attorney-client privilege. Where data are concerned which are subject to attorney-client privilege, they may only be passed to third parties in agreement with you.
What data protection rights do I have?
You have a right to information according to Article 15 GDPR, the right to rectification according to Article 16 GDPR, the right to erasure according to Article 17 GDPR, the right to restriction of processing according to Article 18 GDPR, the right to object according to Article 21 GDPR and the right to data portability under Article 20 GDPR. With regard to the right to information and the right to erasure, the restrictions pursuant to the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) sections 34, 35 apply. In addition, there is a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority (Article 77 GDPR in combination with BDSG section 19).
According to Article 7 paragraph 3 GDPR, you can withdraw your consent to us at any time. The consequence of this is that we may no longer continue processing data in future wherever this was based solely on that consent.
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests according to Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 point (f) GDPR, you have the right according to Article 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data if there are grounds relating to your particular situation. If you would like to exercise your right to object, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient.
What is the status of this data protection privacy statement?
This data protection privacy statement is currently valid and is the version as per May 2018. The further development of our website or changes in statutory or official requirements may make it necessary to amend this data protection privacy statement. You can retrieve and print out the currently valid data protection privacy statement at any time on the website at www.rospatt.de/datenschutz.